Our Client is looking to recruit a Cloud Software Engineer for a World-Leading Technology and Outsourcing Business based in Wiltshire. We are looking for several Cloud Engineers with expertise in the VMware vCloud Suite of products including vCloud Automation Center, who will be responsible for day to day customer development and intimate support of our client’s infrastructure private (and potentially future public) secure cloud services – this will be a unique and innovative service in the UK.
• MUST have VMware vCloud Suite management or implementation
• Outstanding customer service exceptional technical resolution and problem solving skills
• Understanding of the emerging cloud environments (public and private) and ability to become subject matter expert within a few months (if not already)
• Experienced in creating operational tools
• Demonstrated operational solution management, facilitation and customer service interactions
• Experience with large scale redundant infrastructure (compute, storage & network) architectures
• Strong Communications skills required
• Proven track record in supporting all aspects of technology needs from start-up through maintenance
• Demonstrated ability to conceive and deliver a broad range of technology solutions to solve complex application problems
• Experience supporting large multi-tiered projects and programs
• Strong Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, and Influencing Skills
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication
• Self-Starter with a Sense of Urgency
• Can Do Attitude with a Strong Sense of Follow Up
• Flexibility and able to Change Direction Quickly
• Proven relationship/interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail and quality of service
* HP 3PAR technology
• HP Blade Systems
• HP and Cisco Networks
• SAN Fabric management
• 12-24 months hands on public cloud expertise
• 12-24 months hands on private cloud expertise
• Chef / automation / orchestration (or similar) expertise
• Perl / Ruby / Python / Powershell (or similar) expertise
• Template Image management expertise – building, managing, maintaining, and patching
• Service Oriented Architecture expertise
• ServiceMesh operations expertise desired
• Linux / Unix / Windows system administration / scripting expertise
*The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing cloud services, Contributing to service offerings and Automation Scripting, Managing the corporate virtualisation platforms including monitoring and maintaining. The person in this position will work with and integrate technologies including Cisco, HP 3PAR, HP blade servers, RHEL, Windows Server, directory services.
*You will work within the initial design and build team (made up from specialist resources from the company, HP and our client) to establish the infrastructure and design the services and templates. The ideal candidates will be able to leverage applied hands on experience in cloud operations or through local site / client knowledge provide accelerators to this new team.
*On commencement of the live service you will work closely with the Cloud Service Manager, engineering and architecture teams & the broader IT organization supporting day to day operational incident, change, and problem management cases within the delivered Cloud Service offering. You will be operating within a “DevOps” organization with objectives to help grow and develop a successful and responsive offering to a complex demanding client base handling varied requirements that may require strong analytical and customer / requirements management skills– certainly in the initial 2 years.
*A rounded technically sound engineer with aspirations to do something new and challenging. Has the ability and knowledge of most IS technologies, Windows, Linux, Networking etc. A process driven individual able to understand the need for IT/IS and Business processes and has the ability to recognise the application of processes leading to the development and improvement the Cloud Service offering.
This is a green field project at early stages and you will need to have high levels of energy and be a self- starter happy working in a small high pressure team setting up a brand new technically and culturally challenging service. You will be supported and work with the Cloud Service Manager tasked with getting to a initial operating capability to a fully formed operational and functional entity under challenging timescales. You will serve as a subject matter expert resource on Cloud services and infrastructures provisions within the cloud offering to the client.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate wishing to undertake a challenging, bespoke and business changing new venture within the companies growing Defence Market.
To Apply for this role please send your CV stating your Name, address, contact details, Job you are applying for and salary expectations to:
To discuss this role please call Lee on :
Mobile: 07402 707106